Louvain School of Management (LSM), business school de l’Université Catholique de Louvain (UCL), est la première université dans le Benelux à lancer un Executive Programme en Finance Islamique. Cette formation universitaire continue qui se déroule entièrement en anglais s’adresse aux professionnels de la finance, banquiers, avocats, experts en fiscalité, etc.
C’est tout un symbole de la part d’une université catholique, mais comme le rappelle Laurent Marlière directeur scientifique du programme et CEO de Isfin (Islamic Finance & Islamic Markets Advisors), la finance islamique n’est pas circonscrite au monde musulman. Les grands acteurs sont aussi des banques internationales qui ont des interactions avec les banques islamiques.
La première session du programme s’étendra sur les mois de mai et juin 2015, pour une durée totale de 80 heures. L’examen final est prévu fin juin. L’inscription coûte 4.750 euros.
Islamic Finance University certificate – Executive Programme
Islamic finance has become an important part of the international financial system and is one of its fastest growing components. This segment is growing 50% faster than the entire banking industry in several corebanking markets. Islamic banking assets exceed 2.5 trillion USD. Islamic finance has been developing so vigorously that it has evolved from a nascent industry to a global market, where Muslims and non-Muslims are working together and learning from each other for the development of relevant products and services. London and Luxembourg have become leading Islamic Financial hubs. Brussels and Paris are seeking to take a share of this emerging industry.
This fast emerging market lacks skilled and trained professionals. In partnership with ISFIN, the world’s leading Islamic finance advisory, LSM Business School presents a high net worth executive program: the Islamic Finance University certificate.
This Islamic finance program is open to participants and executives from various backgrounds: bankers from conventional and Islamic banks, investment bankers, fund managers, wealth and asset managers, management consultants, regulators and public officers, lawyers, accountants, auditors, CEOs, CFOs, COOs, managing directors, general managers, strategy directors, chief representatives, country heads, international business development managers…
The learning objectives are to enable students :
• To understand the main principles of corporate governance applied to the financial sector
• To understand the principles and techniques of Islamic banking and finance
• To explain the rationale for the prohibition of interest (Riba) and its consequences for savings and investments
• To consider the nature and scope of Islamic finance and its relationship with conventional finance
• To understand the long-term and short-term modes of Islamic finance for industry and commerce
• To explore the range of Islamic financial instruments available for investors and corporations
• To evaluate the current practices of Islamic banks and their relationship with non-financial corporations
• To develop Islamic financial and banking products with adequate marketing and communication techniques
• To assess the merits and weaknesses of Islamic finance and funds
Teaching approach and assessment : The teaching approach will combine theoretical courses with practical cases presented by field experts. The sessions will end with a round table dedicated to specific business cases and future prospects of Islamic Finance.
Evaluation : the assessment will take the form of a written exam.
Venue & schedule : The first edition of the programme will be held Luxembourg from May to June 2015. Exams will be held end of June 2015.
Working languages : English
Tuition Fees : The tuition fee is 4.750€ and includes teaching materials, access to UCL infrastructures, meals and coffee breaks.
• Hold a university master degree in management, economics, law or finance (full right admission);
• Hold a graduate studies degree in another discipline or have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a relevant sector (finance, banking…). The applications to be reviewed by the president and the secretary of the jury.
Enrolment procedure : The registration form is available online. The number of participants is limited in order to ensure a high quality level of the programme. The organizers reserve the right to cancel or postpone the certificate should the number of participants be insufficient.
University Certificate : Participants who have actively taken part in the whole programme and have passed the written exam will be issued with a “University certificate in Islamic finance” worth 11ECTS credits (European Credit Transfer System). While this certificate is in itself a valuable addition to the participant’s academic records, the credits of this certificate, if validated by the examination board of a subsequent academic programme elsewhere in Europe, can be utilised in that programme. Participation in all sessions without passing the written exam will result in the issue of a certificate of attendance.
Contact : email@example.com
Télécharger la brochure Pdf