In the coming months, Morocco will have a brand new bank law, and will as well adopt a significant reform of the regulation related to capital investment activities.
- The new bank law which shall be examined by the parliament during the autumn session dedicates a full chapter to Islamic finance. Once adopted, this new law will pave the way for the long awaited implementation of Islamic banks in the country.
- On another hand, the amended law related to capital investment companies and investment funds will setup a unified framework for capital investment, including risk capital and capital development.
In this context, we are issuing a call for expression of interest to practitioners – Moroccan or foreigners – who would like to join the founding team of the first Sharia Compliant Capital Investment Company in Morocco.
The main activity of the projected Capital Investment Company will be to create and manage publicly-traded funds dedicated to the following sectors :
- Property development and Construction
- Tourism and Hospitality
- Transport and logistics
The ultimate goal is to finance job creating projects that contribute to the development of the country, within a Sharia Compliant investment and financing framework.
Interested professionals are invited to contact us at :
The directors profiles sought must have a solid experience in at least one of the following fields:
- Investment banking
- Investment consulting
- Capital investment
Applications will be evaluated with respect to the candidate’s ability to :
- Involve Moroccan and/or foreign institutional investors in the investment funds.
- Identify investment opportunities and partner entrepreneurs.
- Evaluate the feasibility and profitability of the investment projects.
- Contribute efficiently to the decision-making bodies of the financed companies.
- Ensure the conformity of the investment company practices with the regulation.