RSS

Saudi’s Al Rajhi starts $300 mln Islamic property fund in Asia

12 Juil

Saudi Arabia‘s Al Rajhi Group, a petrochemical-to-property conglomerate, is starting a shariah compliant $300-million Singapore-based fund that will invest in Asian property. The fund, a joint venture with a Singaporean investor Yusof Wahid, will start with an initial investment of $100 million, the family-owned Al Rajhi Group said in a statement. Al Rajhi will own 80 percent of the fund, with Wahid owning the remaining 20 percent.

Shariah bans the charging of interest, equating it with usery, and prohibits investment in businesses that deal in alcohol, pork, arms, gambling and pornography. A flood of petrodollars into financial markets on the back of high energy prices have spurred strong growth in Islamic finance markets, where assets are expected to hit $2 trillion from the current $900 million.

Source: Reuters

 
Poster un commentaire

Publié par le juillet 12, 2008 dans Singapore

 

Étiquettes : , , , ,

Laisser un commentaire

Entrez vos coordonnées ci-dessous ou cliquez sur une icône pour vous connecter:

Logo WordPress.com

Vous commentez à l'aide de votre compte WordPress.com. Déconnexion / Changer )

Image Twitter

Vous commentez à l'aide de votre compte Twitter. Déconnexion / Changer )

Photo Facebook

Vous commentez à l'aide de votre compte Facebook. Déconnexion / Changer )

Photo Google+

Vous commentez à l'aide de votre compte Google+. Déconnexion / Changer )

Connexion à %s