More than 800 participants has attended the conference, among them are chairmen, and executive managers of Islamic banks and financial Intuitions, and of commercial and investment banks. And staffs from legislative, governmental, academic, political, and diplomatic bodies. The attendance also includes businessmen, investors, industrialists, merchants, experts in finance and economy, and members of board of commerce, industry, and tourism chambers.
Many Arab and foreigners countries were participating ( UAE, KSA, Bahrain, Yemen , Sudan, Kuwait, Palestine, Jordan, France, India, Britain, Malaysia, Lebanon and Syria)
The opening session of the 3rd Islamic Banks and financial institution Conferences was opened at 9:00 am, at Four Seasons Hotel on Monday 10/3/2008, the conference was organized by Alsalam for Int’l Conferences.
The conference was opened with Mr. Maher Abdul Hak – General Manager of Alsalam for Int’l Conferences (organizers) speech, then Dr. Sheikh Ahmad Badereldin Hassoun – Grand Mufti of Syria speech, Mr. Adnan Ahmed Yousif – President, Union of Arab Banks speech, Dr. Nidal Al-Sha’ar, Secretary – General, Accountancy Commission of the Islamic Financial Institutions speech, Mr. Ahmed Abdul Rahman Al-Samawim Governor – Central bank of Yemen speech, and Dr. Adib Mayaleh – Governor of Central bank of Syria speech.
List of Speakers was:
1. Dr. Adib Mayaleh, Governor of Central bank of Syria
2. Dr. Sheikh Ahmad Badereldin Hassoun, Grand Mufti of Syria
3. Mr. Ahmed Abdul Rahman Al-Samawim Governor, Central bank of Yemen
4. Dr. Nidal Al-Sha’ar, Secretary General, Accountancy Commission of the Islamic Financial Institutions
5. Mr. Adnan Ahmed Yousif, President, Union of Arab Banks
6. Mr. Maher Abdul Hak – General Manager Al Salam for Int’l Conferences.
7. Dr. Fouad Shaker, Secretary General, Union of Arab Banks (Lebanon)
8. Mr. Abudllah Al Shehi- Vice Managing Director, Abo Dhobi Islamic Bank ( UAE)
9. Mr. Musa Shihadeh- Vice Chairman & General Manager of Jordan Islamic Bank
10. Mr. Mohamed Salman – General Manager of Cham Bank (Syria)
11. Dr. Abdul Sattar AlKhwaled – Secretary General
12. Mr. Jamal Abbas Zaidi, Chief Executive Officer, Islamic International Rating Agency Islamic International Rating Agency (Bahrain)
13. Miss Azza Al-Rabat, director of Banks Supervision Department, Central Bank of Syria
14. Dr. Wahbeh Al-Zuhaile, head of Shari’ a Supervisory commission at
Cham Bank (Syria)
15. Dr. Abdul Sattar Aboghedeh, Head of Shari’a Commission – Syria International Islamic Bank
16. Dr. Abdul Salam Rajeh- Member of the Syrian Parliament
17. Dr. Mohamed al Zuhaile, Sharjah College (UAE)
18. Dr.Abdulbari Mashal- Member of Accountancy Commission of the Islamic Financial Institutions
19. Mr. Sa’ab Nahas, Chairman – Nahas Enterprises Group
20. Mr. Nayef AbuDhaim- Islamic International Arab Bank (Jordan)
21. Mr. Baker Rihan, Asst General Manager of Jordan Islamic Bank (Jordan)
22. Dr. Mohammad AlHlaika, (Jordan)
23. Mr. Adnan Ahmed Yousif, President & Chief Executive- Albaraka Banking Group
24. Mr. Muhammad Azam, Finance Manager of the Islamic Corporation for the Insurance of Investment and Export Credit (ICIEC)
25. Dr. Abdul Kawee Radman, International Investment Manager – Tadhamon International Islamic Bank (Yemen
26. Dr. Mulham Dibo, General Manager , Real Estate Bank
( Syria )
27. Mrs. Entisar Al seuidi ,General Manager, UPS (Kuwait)
28. Ismail Ali – Manager Product Development, Banking Industry ITS (Kuwait)
29. Dr. Abdul Latif Aboud, General Manager Insurance Supervisory committee (Syria)
30. Mr. Ahmad Al- Sabagh, General Manager The Islamic Insurance Co. ( Jordan)
31. Dr. Saleh Hamid Al Ali- Ph.D. in Islamic Economy from Damascus University
32. Dr. Ala’ Al-deen Za’tari, Al- Fatwa Secretary– Ministry of Endowments.